Over the weekend my guild had another Charity Sew Day, so I was able to start a charity quilt (which still needs quilting). Jennifer pre-cut strips of studio remnants donated by the ever-generous Julie of The Intrepid Thread. Our challenge was to piece a Strip and Flip crib-sized quilt top using a tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew. Here's my contribution:
We deviated from the tutorial a teeny bit by using twenty 2.5-inch strips rather than the called-for twenty-seven 2-inch strips. This is a quick and lovely quilt top, and a great way to use up half of a jelly roll. Or you can use those favorite prints you've been hoarding without depleting them since you only need a 2" or 2.5" x WOF strip!
I also managed to start a few bee commitments despite the busy schedule. Kate sent Metro Living and Field Study pieces for the September Design Camp block but a mailing mishap caused a delay in the fabrics reaching me. Just a little left to do... I'm only a couple rows short of finishing the second block.
October's blocks for do. Good Stitches are EPP stars. Rachel requested this pretty fall palette. I've finally gotten around to cutting the fabric, and as I've fallen in love with English paper piecing, these should go fairly quickly.
In other sewing news, I'm eagerly anticipating the Get Your Curve On class this weekend. Time to start pulling fabric and getting my gear ready...
Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.