February is busy, busy with bee/swap commitments, charity and retreat planning for the BAMQG guild, and chairing Girl Scout cookie sales for Martina's troop. Egads, why is February a short month?
I managed to eek out a couple of bee blocks, but neither are ready to be shipped off. In my previous post, I shared my Retro Flowers test block for the do. Good Stitches Love Circle. I didn't press the seams open, so I'm either going to make the block again, or take the test block apart and re-sew with seams pressed open.
February's Piece Bee theme for Lynne is tropical fish. My inspiration was this picture of an Emperor Angelfish. Lynne wanted bright colors and indicated batiks were okay. I raided my stash and found some fabric I bought for my brother-in-law's Deadhead quilt (which I have yet to design, much less start). The block feels very murky instead of the bright and colorful block Lynne requested. I think I'm going to start over.
Blocks for Aqua and Red Bee (Flying Geese for Dawn) and Design Camp Swap (shipping containers for Jaime) blocks are also due this month. Plus, I've also got to make test blocks, then cut up and ship out fabric for these same two bees, since March is my month for both. Thanks goodness the BAMQG retreat is coming up- it's going to be all about the bees and swaps for me.
Amidst all these deadlines, Jen and I have been trying to organize quarterly projects and track the piecing, quilting and binding of the guild's charity quilts. When we first met to discuss the program launch in December, we settled on a target of 2 quilts per month. We've got such enthusiastic members that 3 completed quilts are already done. We've also got 6 quilts out amongst guild members in various stages of completion, and the first quarter isn't even up! We are a guild of over-achievers!