Pages

12 September 2012

A little progress

Yesterday I began piecing the September blocks for the Love Circle at do. Good Stitches.  Natalie wrote up a fun tutorial for Wonky Pinwheels and requested blocks in rich, warm tones.  Pulling fabric is always fun, but it was a little challenging finding a nice variety since the majority of my stash has been packed away.

Luckily, I had a bit of kona white and and scraps of Pure Elements in linen still accessible, as well as some essex linen leftover the secret swap pouch.  All thirty-two units are at least half done, with a couple of them completed. 



I'm really itching to open up those packing boxes to pull more prints in order to give the blocks more variety. 

Natalie's wonky pinwheel is yet another block I'm pinning for later use.  I love improv blocks that require a ruler and a rotary cutter.  I like to feel edgy, but also maintain a degree of precision.  That said, my goal is to make a more concerted effort to do some forget-the-ruler improv piecing.  I'm hoping that the timing of a Sherri Lynn Wood class currently being organized works with my fall schedule.  If it doesn't, I may have to do some shuffling to make sure it does.

Between packing up the stash and dealing with a sick toddler, I regret to say that this the only bit of sewing I did this week.  The chain-piecing was a nice break from all the chaos.  My goal is to finish the pinwheels, as well as a few overdue bee blocks.  Also, finish this little bit of stitching on the binding of a charity quilt- so shameful to have stopped so close to the end!




 Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.  Pop over and take a look at the great projects in progress!

2 comments:

  1. Ohh I love a bit of organised improv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours you chose for those pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts!