Pages

20 March 2013

Under the wire

Only one more day until the quilt (at this point, quilt top) that I promised myself a year ago is due.  If I work very industriously today, it just may be done by end of day.  Working in my favor is the threat of rain- great excuse to stay home.  However, it's early dismissal day, so the older kids are home right after lunch and I can't send everyone outside to play.  Then there's dinner to be made, a soccer meeting and the general daily chaos of having three kids.  Curses!

And curse Pride and Prejudice (the Colin Firth edition).  I had time carved out Monday evening, but I made the mistake of turning on the television and stumbled upon the P&P mini-series marathon.  There went my sewing time!  For me, Colin Firth is the quintessential D'Arcy, so this version of Pride and Prejudice will win out against sewing every time.

So now I'm racing against the clock to finish up my "41" quilt before the stroke of midnight.  Here's the requisite photo of the work in progress (horrible lighting due to overcast skies):

 
Look at all that Sis Boom prettiness.  So happy to finally cut into these gorgeous Jennifer Paganelli prints. I love how the different collections play nice together!

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.  I highly encourage you to check out what other quilters are working on this week!

WIPWednesday
 





9 comments:

  1. I have the luxury of having my sewing machine and a TV in the same room. I have spent many a wonderful evening quilting while contemplating the joy that is BBC's Pride & Prejudice. My husband has taken to randomly quoting Jane Austen he has seen it so many time now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I had the luxury of sewing machine and tv in the same room! Quilting and P&P- that's heaven!

      I think I'll take wannabequilter's suggestion below and watch on the laptop :)

      Delete
  2. Ah, Colin Firth as D'Arcy - you are going to have to get a tv in your sewing space so you can sew and drool.
    Love, love, love your quilt top - the colors are delish!
    Hope you make your deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Thankfully my sewing machine and TV are in the same room facing each other ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sewing machine and TV are not in the same room BUT I've been hand quilting lately and can watch TV while I quilt. Your quilt is gorgeous! Hope you get it done by your deadline. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! Won't it be great when it's finished?
    I agree on tv in sewing space. I don't have on, but I do Netflix on my laptop while I sew. I've watched the entire series of Brothers & Sisters, much of Mad Men and Breaking Bad, and I just started season 8 of Grey's Anatomy. I wouldn't last long in there without something to watch/listen to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netflix on the laptop is a great idea... my sewing space is the front entryway, so no hope of a tv there, lol.

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty quilt, but you made the right choice with Colin ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can (have done will do done it) do it! :D I love that version of P&P... even my husband likes it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts!