Pages

05 June 2013

Are we there yet?

As the school year marches inexorably on, I find myself asking my kids "When did you say is the last day of school?"  I'm wilting in the heat and am looking forward to being able to take a family trip to the coast, if even only for the day. 

Luckily, I've got a few things to keep me busy.  The garden, for one.  I won't go into details, but anyone who's curious can read about it here.  Also, the fabric for Kieran's quilt is cut and just needs piecing.  But first, a gift from a stack of orphan blocks: 


These were part of an "A-Z" quilt-along my local quilt guild hosted, in which we made blocks with names that begin with each letter of the alphabet.   I abandoned this for other projects.  It's so nice to be able to put the blocks to use, as they really are sweet.  And, though I didn't quite make it through the alphabet, I have the perfect amount for a baby quilt, with three to spare for the back.

That's what I'm working on this WIP Wednesday.  What's on your sewing table?

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great baby quilt.

    When I was growing up my mum was a teacher, we knew *exactly* when the last day of school was lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are awesome! That's going to be a great looking quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quilt to work on! The colors are so cheery and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so pretty! I really like the yellow, pink, and orange! I wish I'd make a quilt in those colors, but I never seem to manage it. :}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts!