This Habitat challenge is not quite working out the way I planned. My great idea was...well, was not so great. The plan was to discharge color from half of each fat eighth we were given and choose a simple design to highlight the results.
Here's what the fabric looked like after 20 minutes in my washing machine with a weak bleach and water solution, then a spin in the dryer:
The colors faded a bit more, but not to the degree I was expecting. Of course, had I accidentally spilled bleach in the washer while pre-washing the fabric, there would have been all kinds of discharging going on!
Either the colors weren't saturated enough before the discharging experiment, or the fabric was treated to hold color. Whether one, the other, or both, I've got to think of something fast- there's less than 2 weeks before the next BAMQG meeting.
Speaking of BAMQG, I've also got to make my blocks for the A-Z Quilt-along. We're on "E" blocks, but I've fallen a little behind. So it's "D" and "E" blocks, plus my Habitat Challenge project by next Saturday. I'm hoping the quilting gods will smile down upon me this week.