Pages

21 November 2011

Art Gallery Fabric/Project Linus Charity quilt

          Look what I found waiting in the mailbox after the wine weekend getaway:


The scrap bag from Patricia Bravo's studio had arrived!  She's one of my favorite designers- those gorgeous prints and solids!  Her generosity has just sent her to the top of my list!  Sending out studio scraps to benefit Project Linus- it's green (reduces waste), it benefits a wonderful cause, and I get to work with her beautiful fabric- what's not to love?

      I've spent the past couple of nights piecing like mad.  The Mod Mosaic block is perfect for the scraps I received- mostly small scraps, but almost a yard and a half of Pure Elements solid.  I LOVE how the blocks are shaping up.  Little momma watched me working on the blocks last night and lamented that they were not for her.


I am now fighting what will probably be a losing battle to buy a half yard bundle of Bespoken and some yardage of Pure Elements in Cabernet to make a Mod Mosaic quilt to keep!

3 comments:

  1. I got all excited about your mail, and it wasn't even mine! :D Your mod mosaic block is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a fab parcel! Love that block

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this post...I hadn't heard about this opportunity and I would love to be involved with this. I just emailed Pat to see if she needs more help. I love your block.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts!