Pages

19 March 2012

Slow but steady

It was so nice to knock out a few projects and blocks last week.  As I've noted before, nothing like knowing I should be resting to get me in front of my machine!  Despite a slow-healing elbow, slight lingering headaches and back pain resulting from my fall, I was able to start (and even finish) a few things.

For the do. Good Stitches Love Circle block, March hostess Natalie chose improv chevrons in turquoise and robin’s egg blues paired with oranges, yellows, and greys.  Luckily, with these hues my stash overfloweth.  These blocks, as all other improv blocks I've done so far, came out looking very planned and more precisely cut and pieced than I would have wished.  But I still love the end result.  A great block design with a beautiful color palette.


Leona, one of the Aqua and Red queen bees for March (I'm the other), sent lovely aqua and red 4" charm squares and pointed us to this tutorial to make a Reverse Starburst block.  This was my first attempt at a wonky star, and I'm wondering why I haven't tried one before now.  It was great fun and I love the result. 


And, as blogged in the previous post,  FTLOS mini-quilt and potholder were finished and sent off to Camille of Hermit Goodness.  Check out her blog to see them in their new home.

Lastly, I've started the block for Piece Bee With You.  Jacqueline requested cat blocks for March, and after working in fits and starts, I've settled on a design and have started the cutting.  Here's a little peek at what I'm up to:



Lots of cutting left to do, so off I go!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you're still not feeling 100%, but WTG on the blocks. I hate cats, so I may just be avoiding my March block til, oooh, the 31st or so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I love your improv chevrons -- they're so pretty! And good job starting on your cat block! I'm procrastinating yet again on mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great-- I love the way your chevrons turned out! I have the same issue with improv sewing-- my stuff still ends up looking pretty planned :) I can't wait to see how these look with the other blocks! Thanks so much for making them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts!