Pages

24 November 2012

Black Friday Madness

While the rest of the country shopped or spent the day recovering from a turkey hangover, I stitched.  And stitched.  And stitched like mad.  I stopped long enough to have breakfast and cut down a Christmas tree (okay, I picked the tree and hubby chopped it down) with family and friends. 


Then it was nose to the grindstone to finish up my 4x5 bee blocks.  The block I chose is called Geese All Around.  I've had this block bookmarked for quite some time, and I was happy for the chance to finally make it.  Here's what I learned from making these blocks: If you are going to wait until the last minute to sew multiple bee/swap blocks, do not choose a block with 56 pieces.  Enough said.


The move went pretty smoothly, with the exception of breaking one of the glass doors from my china hutch.  And breaking the glass from the dryer door.  Doesn't bad luck come in threes?  I should just go ahead and throw a glass on the floor and get it over with, because we've still got a few mirrors to retrieve from the old house.

The rest of the weekend will be dedicated to unpacking, and decorating the Christmas tree.  Out of curiosity, has anyone else gotten their tree yet?

Linking up to Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

9 comments:

  1. We've been breaking lots of glass lately too... What can we blame it on? ;)

    Your swap blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are amazing your new place looks like it has the perfect area to showcase the Christmas tree. Last night I pointed to the mini Rosemary "tree" at Whole Foods and asked my hubby if we could maybe get away with that this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks!! No tree up yet, hoping to get it up this weekend! Yours looks perfect! I know what you mean about the happening in 3's thing...break the glass not the mirror--at least that is not bad luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those blocks are absolutely gorgeous, Deborah! Will you bring them to the BAMQG meeting for us all to see in person? Drool drool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty blocks! Love brights with gray and white :) No tree yet here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are gorgeous! You are way ahead of me in the Christmas tree arena and I didn't move nor do I have 3 children! I think you may be turning into Wonder Woman!
    Congratulations on the new house. I'll see you at the BA Modern party?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tree and fab blocks! I'd let someone else move the mirrors ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blocks! Bummer about the hutch and dryer, and best of luck with the mirrors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts!