Pages

16 November 2012

Wrap it up!

The feeling of accomplishment after completing a project never gets old.  It's inevitably followed by inspiration to finish other projects, and while that never gets old either, reality steps in.  This house isn't going to pack itself, and the big move is Saturday, so no more sewing until after the weekend.

I do have a couple of finishes to share.  First up is a long-overdue quilt for the Love Circle at do. Good Stitches.  My month to host was July, but the backing fabric got boxed and put in storage a few months ago.  The fabric was finally unearthed and the whole quilt kit came along to the SBAMQG retreat.  There the backing was pieced and quilt sandwiched basted (no quilting due to walking foot debacle), and I finally quilted and finished the binding at home this week.


Here are detail shots of the quilting (stitch-in-the-ditch) and binding (Kona Coal):

 
This one is hard to send off, but it's going to a great cause.

I also finished my partner's pillow cover for The Pillow Talk {Swap} Round 9 (last-minute,of course).  Batwing blocks in front, hexies on the back.  Quilted very simply, with a top-zipping invisible zipper closure.  This was the first pillow cover I've ever made, and I definitely see more in my sewing future.



Linking up to Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts!