Pages

27 April 2011

Spring break, quilt break

     The kids are out for Spring Break this week.  Very challenging to keep a 9-year old, 7-year old and an 18-month old entertained without a car to take them places.  We walked to one of the neighborhood parks yesterday, but we left after 40 minutes because the landscapers came to cut the grass.  Bad for my allergies.
     I'm taking a forced break from Martina's quilt- it's too big to quilt on the Kenmore.  The Singer 301 can accomodate the quilt, but it needs to be serviced first.  Luckily, Animal Planet keeps the older ones  entertained whilst the little one sleeps and I take up a new sewing project.  Here's what's on my sewing table:




PJ pants from McCall's 3019.  The fabric is from the Anthology collection by Color Principle for Henry Glass. 
     First sewing project for myself!  I've been wearing the same pair of brown and pink polka dotted flannel pj pants all winter.  I'm tired of looking at them, and I'm pretty sure the hubby is, too.  Spring calls for lightweight cotton in fresh colors.  I may have to make a couple more pairs so I don't wear these out by summer (and let's not kid ourselves, great excuse to go fabric shopping).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts!