Pages

16 August 2011

The other needles

     I'm throwing another project into the mix... this time a non-sewing project.  I'm picking up the knitting needles after a year or so of leaving off unfinished knitting projects.  I basically stopped knitting when I stopped working because I stopped riding the train, which is where I did my knitting.  I also blame sewing and quilting. 


     It's out with the old, in with the new (knitting projects, that is).  I decided not to pick up where I left off on the three sweaters I had going.  Instead, I cast-on for the Maple Street Cardigan from the Fall 2009 edition of Interweave Knits.  Although I love it in lavendar, I decided to knit it up in the Dark Green colorway of this yarn.  Dark green isn't really an accurate description of the yarn- it's more of a teal color.

     I hope I can actually finish this sweater.  I have only completed two knitting projects.  The first was a scarf I made for Tonio, from a cheap acrylic yarn which has pilled most horribly.  The other was this  cute little poncho for Martina in a nice silk and wool hand-dyed yarn.


My mother shrank it in the wash on her last visit here.  Shrank it down to barbie doll size.  I've promised little momma to make her another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts!