Pages

11 July 2012

Stacks of blocks

There's been very little sewing lately.  Just enjoying the lazy days of summer.  I did manage to finish up some blocks for Martina's Poetica quilt.


Just five more to go, and then I can start piecing the top.  Yippee! 

I also managed to knock out a few Patchwork Wheel blocks for a charity quilt.  Lots and lots of HST's were involved- 32 to be exact.  I don't mind sewing them, but I find trimming them down tedious.  Nevertheless, I love how these blocks turned out- scrappy blocks are becoming a favorite.


I've got another 32 HST's all sewn up, waiting to be trimmed.  Once that's done, these blocks will go quickly.


I haven't started the summer dress yet.  Summer's almost halfway over, so I'd better get going on this soon.  This weekend, a fellow guild member and I are planning on making clones of ourselves to make apparel construction a little easier.  Then I'll have no excuses left.

And I'm sure after the cloning is done, I'll probably need a drink.

Linking up to Lee @ Freshly Pieced.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you still managed to get some sewing done with all that lazing ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the blocks. Word of caution on the duct tape dress forms alternatives, be very careful on the stuffing, or you could find it out of shape very quickly...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts!