Inspired by a recent quilt finish, I'm determined to make good on bee blocks owed. Poor Phuong has been waiting for her photography-related Piece Bee block SINCE JUNE! The idea for her block has been percolating for quite some time, but I finally put pencil to paper and drafted it out this afternoon (and was consequently late picking my kids up from school because I lost track of time).
Aside from bee blocks, I re-discovered a quilt top that I made for Martina almost two years ago. It was the second quilt (top) I ever made, and I put it away because my tastes had changed. Martina still loves it and requested that I finish it before I get back to her Poetica quilt. And so I spent the morning basting it on the dining room table.
While I'm addressing old projects, I may as well add the oldest UFO to the bunch. I bought a vintage chair at an estate sale well over 2 years ago. My husband purchased and cut foam cushions soon after.
The kids have had fun picking away at the foam the past couple of years, which I've had fun vacuuming up. So with cushions cut to fit and fabric washed, there's no excuse to put it off any longer. I think it's time to sew up some boxed cushion covers so we can retire the blanket that's been hiding the unsightly foam.
[ETA 1/10/13] And here's a pic of Martina's Poetica quilt blocks.
They need to be sewn into a top, then basted to batting and a minky backing (my first), quilted and bound.
I'm linking up the last