Pages

17 March 2011

Cut and sew

     One hundred and twenty components cut out.  Whew!  What one girl can accomplish when laid up on the sofa (hurt my back working out- never underestimate the importance of stretching).
 

     Sewing these pretties into units, then into blocks, was no walk in the park.  More than a few of them are slightly wonky, but only one has mismatched points.  Here are all thirty of them in all their glory:


     I have to say, the template tracing, the cutting, and the sewing of curves wasn't as daunting as I first thought.  The tracing and cutting were actually oddly relaxing.  The sewing was a little tedious- I had to stop every few stitches to adjust the fabric around the curves.
     Now the fun begins- block setting.  No more curves and no sashing between the blocks, so this should go fairly quickly.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your patterns! You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Julia! We should get together for some sewing soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts!